Ferndown & Uddens BID Limited (“we”, “us” or “our” or ” Ferndown & Uddens BID Limited “) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and using any information you provide to us responsibly.
This Privacy together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents contained on our website set out the basis on which your personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be stored and used by us.
Telephone: 07776 374292; or
Ferndown & Uddens BID Limited
17, Haviland Road
Ferndown Industrial Estate
Dorset BH21 7RZ
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and use the following information about you:
- information that you provide during a telephone data collection conversation or by filling in forms on our Site. This includes provided by the levy collection authority (Stour Valley Partnership or its successor);
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your attendance at BID events,
- information about yourself provided by you to us for specific purposes.
To help us improve our services, if you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and your email address.
Newsletters are issued to keep you appraised of BID matters and the use of levy contributions. These interactions are managed through Constant Contact (www. https://www.constantcontact.com) Their privacy statement can be found at https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/privacy-statement.
- Sensitive personal information
We do not seek to collect “sensitive personal information” – that is, information relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinion; religious or other similar beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; sexual orientation; criminal records. We recommend that you do not provide such information to us.
- Where/how we store your information
The information that we collect from you is stored both on the BID’s computer systems and by Constant Contact who are based the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in the USA.
- Security of shared information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our contractors to do the same.
- Use of your information
Where we collect information from you we will identify why we have collected the information and what we will use it for.
Except for the newsletter and formal notification activities we will not use your personal information to carry out unsolicited marketing activities. You may change your choice at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the newsletters, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning us on 07776 374292.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- for the administration of the Site;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with newsletters and related BID activities where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide formal notifications required by statute.
- Disclosure of your information
We do not sell our levypayer lists and we will never pass your details on to third parties for any purpose unless you have consented to us doing so unless it is for the following reasons:
- in the event that we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your information (including the hosting and maintenance of our Site) in which case we will ensure that any such service provider keeps your information confidential and adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your information as undertaken by us; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- Your rights
If you or an authorised representative on your behalf have consented to us sending you BID newsletters you have the right to change your mind and ask us not to send you the information any more. You can exercise your right to unsubscribe to these newsletters in any version of the newsletter.
The newsletters and our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other levypayers, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookies policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- Changing your information
If you want to change the details that you have registered on-line with us, this can be done by emailing us at email@example.com or by phoning us on 07776 374292.
- Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you and for you to request that changes be made to this information if it is inaccurate or not up-to-date. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.