Lean Manufacturing Techniques Course
Start date: Wednesday 24 January 2018
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Length of course: Potential timescale commitment – 6 days delivered over 3-4 months
Location: Chamber House, Acorn Office Park, Ling Road, Poole, Dorset BH12 4NZ
A series of FREE LEAN training courses are being offered to help businesses in Dorset, understand and use business improvement techniques, commonly known as ‘Lean’. These techniques can be applied to a variety of sectors from manufacturing through to offices and aims to reduce waste and improve efficiency within organisations. If there are a number of staff that are interested this can delivered in-house to reduce the time away from the business. The training will include:
- Understanding the concept of a lean environment
- Describing the principles of lean organisation techniques
- Explaining the benefits of a lean environment
- Being able to implement the productivity needs analysis process
- Undertaking a productivity needs analysis in a selected organisation
- Produce a process map using appropriate symbols and terminology for an identified process
- Introducing the learner to the principles of ‘Kaizen’ and how to apply these within a workplace to address areas of weakness and variance and provide suggested improvements.
- Understanding what makes an effective team
- Be able to work effectively in a team
- Know how to deal with any conflict or difficult situations as a team member
The ‘Skills Support for the Workforce’ Programme offers eligible businesses in Dorset full funding to up skill employees within small and medium sized businesses and seeks to provide a recognised accredited Level 2 qualification. (See general information below for more details on the full programme.)
To confirm your eligibility for this FREE training or if you have any questions, contact:
Lindsay Smith, WISE Ability: 01202 201210
Tuesday 6th February 2018 (4pm – 6pm) Bournemouth and Poole College and Borough of Poole invite you to a networking event in to...
The BID has been approached by companies served by Haviland Road over the difficult and dangerous parking situation. A meeting has been arra...